The Star Entertainment Group in an ASX-listed company. In line with their vision of becoming Australia’s leading integrated resort company, it operates seven hotels, around 60 award-winning bars, restaurants and entertainment venues, and is midway through a multi-billion-dollar transformation program. CEO, Matt Bekier shares fascinating insights with Star’s CPO, Samantha Apps about the commercial influence of procurement in a volatile and dynamic business environment.
• Our business is science, not art – data driven decision making
• Reciprocity with our supply network to drive innovation
• Data and spend analytics for revenue optimization
• Using procurement’s commercial acumen for margin improvement
• Procurement as a value driver in a matrix organisation
• Our ambitions for sustainability and a good corporate citizenship